- Spelling options
- Grammar options
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Opposite Words
- It does not allow capital letters to be used in the documents.
- It does not allow capital letters to be used in the documents apart from the first letter of every sentence.
- It lets you begin a paragraph with a large dropped initial capital letter.
- It automatically starts all paragraphs and sentences with capital letters.
- From Insert -> Object menu option
- From Insert -> Sound menu option
- From Insert ->File menu option
- By right clicking the document and choosing 'Add Sound' option
- To quickly jump to a specific location in the document
- To add hyper links in a web page
- To add anchors in a web page
- To mark the ending of a page of document
- To divide the document into parts so that each part may be independently printed when the print command is given.
- To divide the document into parts so as to allow certain parts of the document to display data from a table.
- To divide the document into parts so as to allow certain parts of the document to display data from the Internet.
- To vary the layout of a document within a page or between pages by dividing the document into parts, and then allow formating of each part the way you want.
- Word processing
- Print preview
- Page setup
- Print all
- Spell checker
- Grammar checker
- Keep an account of money spent
- Do a computer search in media center
- Maintain an inventory
- Type a biography
1. What is the Thesaurus used for?
c. Synonyms and Antonyms
Thesaurus is a tool application in MS-Word that lets you look for antonym or synonym words of selected word.2. What is the function of Drop Cap?
c. It lets you begin a paragraph with a large dropped initial capital letter.
Drop cap is the first character or word of a paragraph that is large, dropped below the current line. This is used for designing a paragraph.3. How can you insert a sound file in your word document?
a. From Insert -> Object menu option
We choose Object from Insert menu to insert whether sound or video that are not created from MS-Word application.4. A bookmark is an item or location in document that you identify an name for future reference. Which of the following task is accomplished by using bookmarks?
a. To quickly jump to a specific location in the document
You can mark a location in document and save it with a name so that you can make a quick jumps to that location later on. Bookmarks are used in creating hyperlinks in document.5. What are sections used for in a word document?
d. To vary the layout of a document within a page or between pages by dividing the document into parts, and then allow formating of each part the way you want.
Sections are logical division of a document that share common layout. You need to create new section when you need to create different layout in same document such as different sets of headers and footers, different page number format, different column formats and so on.6. What process should be used to recall a document saved previously?
To retrieve a document that was saved previously we use Open command. This will load the document from disk into Word Application, ready to be edited, formatted or printed.7. Desktop publishing is a more sophisticated form of which of the following types of software?
c. Word processing
Word-processing is the process of creating document such as letters, reports, thesis, books and so on. But still the more advanced and sophisticated form of wordprocessing is desktop publishing which further deals with publishing tasks such as pagination, paper layout and many more.8. What print command should be selected to print first 5 pages of document?
Print dialog box provides different options to suite your printing needs. To print first 5 pages of your document you can choose From 1 to 5 in the print dialog box.9. Which word processing utility could you use to find the synonym of a word?
Whether you need to look for synonym or antonym of a word you will use Thesaurus.10. A word processor would most likely be used to do which of the following?
d. Type a biography