- Word Perfect
- Power Point
- Writing Thesis with 100s of pages
- Automatically formatting pre-written document
- Creating Slides to show in a workshop or seminar
- Combine main document and data source to send letters too many recipients.
- Margins and page length can be adjusted as desired
- Spelling can be checked and modified through the spell check facility
- Provides tools such as data consolidation, goal seek, scenario etc.
- Multiple document/files can be merged
- Small add-on programs that are installed afterwards if you need them.
- Programming language that you can use to customize MS-Word.
- Large tools in Word such as Mail Merge.
- Small programs created in MS-Word to automate repetitive tasks by using VBA.
- Formula Bar
- Status Bar
- Menu Bar
- Mouse only
- Keyboard Only
- Both Mouse and Keyboard
- Unavailable for current context
- Not much required menu
- Toggle Menu
- Over Used Menu
Answers and Explanations
Question Number 1
Question Number 2
C. Word Perfect
Microsoft Word is included in Office Package but not Word Perfect.
Question Number 3
C. Creating Slides to show in a workshop or seminar
Office Package has PowerPoint for creating presentations. MS-Word is not good enough for creating presentations.
Question Number 4
C. Provides tools such as data consolidation, goal seek, scenario etc.
These tools are available in Excel for managing and analyzing data. They are not available in MS-Word
Question Number 5
D. Small programs created in MS-Word to automate repetitive tasks by using VBA
We can create macro once and use it whenever needed for the repetitive type of tasks. Macros are stored in VBA language and can be edited if needed.
Question Number 6
Open command retrieves the stored document previously.
Question Number 7
B. Formula Bar
Formula Bar is available in Excel and not in Word. Word is not good enough to apply formula or performing calculations.
Question Number 8
C. Both Mouse and Keyboard
Without keyboard, it would be difficult to enter text for document. We use mouse to give commands by clicking on the menu items or tool buttons.
Question Number 9
All the commands in MS-Word are available in Menu. Most frequently used commands are available in toolbars too but all commands are in Menu.
Question Number 10
A. Unavailable for current context